Are you living your best life? Do you feel fulfilled and empowered?
I am a licensed psychologist and avid yogi who is excited to practice in a setting that embraces the mind-body connection. I strive to create a safe, transparent, and empowering environment in which you and I work towards making changes that will bring you closer to a satisfying and fulfilling life. I use a strengths-based, collaborative approach to help each client feel empowered, develop insight and improve quality of life.
I enjoy working with a variety of clients and needs, including depression, anxiety, gender, sexuality, grief/loss, trauma, and more. I prefer to view the therapy relationship as collaborative and egalitarian.
Being from a military family, I have always enjoyed working with Veterans and their families. I am personally interested and invested in physical health and well-being, and as much as clients are interested, like to incorporate such a focus into my therapeutic work.
I received clinical training primarily through VA Clinics and Medical Centers, Universities, and private practice. My practice includes both individual therapy and cognitive assessment (e.g., ADHD and Learning Disorder Evaluations, DDS Evaluations, etc.) for adolescents and adults.
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Iowa
• Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from the University of Northern Iowa
• Doctor of Philosophy in Counseling Psychology from University of Iowa
• Pre-Doctoral Internship at James H. Quillen VAMC, Mountain Home, TN
• Postdoctoral Fellowship at Central Iowa Psychological Services, Ames, IA